This workshop was a collaboration between OSRS, LAESA-SHPE and ASEE CCNY Chapter. The purpose is to help Seniors and Juniors prepare for graduate admission applications. Students will be informed and made more aware of the opportunities for graduate study with fellowships or scholarships and the application process for students who are considering their career after four year college. The following will be discussed:
- Who is applying for Graduate school? For what reason?
- What is your motivation to pursue graduate study and
what kind of degree suits you best?
- What are your dream schools? Compatible schools? What
are the special requirement and outcome of the degree
programs you would like to apply?
- What kind of financial support is offered for the
degree programs of great interest to you?
- What are the admission requirements of the graduate
study program you select? How to write the personal
statement or essay? How to ask for a recommendation
- How to build your resume to be a strong candidate?
There will also be two guest speakers.
- Dr. Linyang Si, a PhD of Biomedical Engineering will give a talk on her experience for graduate study and also introduce the PhD programs in New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT).
- Mr Rai Munoz (EE, Junior), the chair of the scholarships and internships committee in LAESA-SHPE, will present his discussion with NASA and several university graduate admission officers. See the attached file for the questions to be discussed.
This workshop is open for all students, but is particularly geared towards helping juniors and seniors to become highly competitive candidates for graduate school research fellowships or scholarships. All are welcomed.